Saturday, April 2, 2011

Copic sepia fountain pen

Playing around with a Copic sepia fountain pen I got a couple weeks ago. I love it, except the point is a little too fine for this kind of sketching and the ink keeps running nearly dry. It's supposed to be waterproof but it bleeds just enough to make some nice washes with the water brush, perfect for this kind of sketching. The drawings probably look larger than the real versions, the super fine point inspires tiny scratches rather than bold strokes.

Quick sketches at the park (cut short because my almost-4-yr-old was being, well, an almost-4-yr-old)

JPR_20110401_01

More sketches later while watching TV. Mostly from imagination but inspired by people I saw.

JPR_20110401_02

PS. I have a new son less than 48 hours old. Toby Alexander, 8 lbs. 1 oz., born 9:39 PM March 31, 2011. Welcome to the new kid.



No comments: